Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Canvas #119: EEEL building, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada




Kesia said, It took me a while to decide what to do on my canvas, and where I wanted to put it. I finally placed my canvas in the EEEL building at the University of Calgary. I wanted my canvas to make people think about something we take for granted: Freedom. I think we are really fortunate to live in a country where we have so many freedoms, from freedom of speech and religion to the freedom we have to explore and be ourselves and have fun. The freedom we have in Canada saves us from a lot of worries. I used words I found in a newspaper (freedom of press) that I thought represented freedoms, like "home," "fun," "innovation," and glued them to the canvas that I had painted black. Over all of this I painted the word "FREE" in my favourite colour of blue. I left my canvas in the newest building at the University of Calgary because a wide variety of classes are held there, and lots of students wait for the bus there. One of the freedoms we have is our access to schooling. I want people to see my canvas take a moment to be grateful for the freedoms we have and appreciate them.

Loving Kesia's idea! Well done, Kesia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors