Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Canvas #17, Lake Agnes hiking trail, Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada


This is my canvas. I left it on the Lake Agnes trail in Lake Louise on the way up to the Teahouse. It belongs in the open air where is so natural to take in a deep breath. It's a bit tough to see, but it says "Breath it all in. Love it all out." and has a red glittery heart. Why? Because above all things I believe in love. And I don't mean romantic love between two women, two men, a man and a woman or any such variation, I mean that feeling in your gut. The one that you feel when you see one human treat another with tenderness, compassion, empathy. The one you feel when you see two people embrace at the arrivals gate at the airport. The one that you feel when you see someone pick up a stray kitten and give it some milk. That's what I mean by love. And this world lacks that reminder on a daily basis. We get caught up with being busy, and competitive, and making money, and producing hate.

This is my simple reminder to the world to take a moment to slow down and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors